Albuquerque, NM – Rodney will be ministering and hosting PBR Church at PBR Albuquerque. I’m so thankful for him and Cody Nance who have a heart for leadership and this ministry. Here are the ABQ details if you’re in the area and can make it:
You know Riding High has a heart for PBR but we also have a heart for the people in the communities that PBR is visiting. Three facts about Albuquerque and what some of the communities may face are:
- It has been greatly affected by the drug trafficking coming through the unsecured borders of Mexico resulting in increased crime and gangs. On a scale of 1-10 (1 being lowest), Albuquerque is an 8 for crime.
- Nearly 20% live at or below poverty line in New Mexico. (2nd highest poverty level of any state) which is interesting considering #3….
- Microsoft was founded by Bill Gates in Albuquerque, NM.
Charlotte, NC – My family and I are headed to NC where we have a busy 4 days ahead. Charlotte is historically one of the most evangelized cities in the country. That being said, why in the world does RHM need to go there for ministry? Some stats:
- Charlotte is the second largest banking center in the US. (NY is 1st)
- Charlotte has a high crime rate. Only 9 percent of cities in the US have higher crime rates.
- Charlotte is ranked 6 in the US as a top city for human trafficking. (NC is in the top 10 in the US with most human trafficking.)
- According to Men’s health, Charlotte ranks number 5 as cities in the US that most like to look at porn.
- Charlotte ranked as 5th out of the nations smuttiest cities out of 100 cities surveyed in the US. (porn, adult entertainment stores, google searches for porn and percentage of households that subscribe to Cinemax).
Despite Charlotte’s rich history both evangelically and financially, the community still needs to see and know the heart of our Father is a living relationship with Jesus who died on the cross to save us from ourselves, sin and darkness so that we can receive His GRACE.
If you are in the Charlotte area, we’d love for you to join us on Sunday. I’ll be preaching and my wife, Leslie, will be sharing with music at Southside Baptist Church in Mooresville, NC at both the 8:30 am and 11:00 am services.
As a road warrior, I’ll be the first to admit that navigating travels can sometimes cause this traveler to lose perspective of the wonder of God’s great variety in creation. It was a refreshing eye-opener to have my son, Holden, with me this past weekend. It was a delight to see things through his eyes, the eyes of a child, as we…
…saw the swamps in Florida as a mysterious place
…were inspired to take the back roads in Alabama in hopes to spot an armadillo or a possum
…walked the banks of alligator creek searching for gators
…rode in a silage chopper on the Southern Cattle company ranch
…ate grits at the Waffle House
…ran to catch the train just for fun
…went up escalators backward
…jumped on the hotel beds to see if they were soft
…went back for three refills of soda at the Mexican restaurant
Even the airport was new again as Holden pointed out the predominant demographic of people in Atlanta vs. Seattle He was like a kid on Christmas morning when I told him to pick out the rental car and was asked if he would like to enjoy a complimentary seat in First Class.
A fresh perspective can help us all. I encourage you to spend some time with children and purposely see things through their eyes. After all, It’s how the Lord Jesus wants us to come to Him. I’m thankful He provided me with a fresh perspective on how precious the world is and how precious we are in HIS sight.
“Jesus called for the children and said to the disciples, ‘Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children.’” Luke 18:16, NLT
Praises From SW to SE – The Riding High Ministries team has made it through an event filled, action-packed weekend. We are grateful to have seen the Lord touch hearts and change lives from the Southwest to the Southeast. Thank you for praying and making it possible for us to go. Here are some highlights:
- RHM hosted a ladies luncheon to honor some women of PBR and especially the PBR riders’ wives.
- 120 attendees joined us at PBR Church to worship with Dominic Montoya and hear messages from Rodney Mitchell and PBR rider Cody Nance.
- A very special thank you from Rodney and Debbie Mitchell to the amazing people in Albuquerque for a great event and awesome church service. They loved being with ya’ll!
- Todd and Leslie shared with the folks at the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association for their Friday morning devotions
- A special thank you to the Brown Family Ministries who made it possible for the Pierce family to visit NC and for inviting them to be a part of your Donor Appreciation Dinner in Campobello, SC.
- Todd did a Born Wild Created to be free Gospel presentation at Stegalls Arena in Concord, NC. A special thank you to Lynne Mauney for hosting the event.
The Pierces and the Mitchells are grateful to donors, RHM team members, volunteers, prayer warriors and much more for making ministry possible week after week.